Your Google business listing is a core element of your SEO so it’s important to get it right and ensure your listing is accurate and kept up to date.
Google provides a fantastic step-by-step resource to walk you through the technical steps of getting set up. Be warned, you’ll need a Google Account but don’t worry, it’s FREE!
Once your account has been set up and your listing has been established, you’ll have the opportunity to get creative and ensure your business is a standout among the crowd:
- Add photos, images and videos
- Write a compelling business description
- Use Google My Business Q&As to engage with your audience
- Create Google My Business Posts to highlight your latest offers and promotions
- Add product collections or service options
- Encourage your customers to ‘Follow’ you on Google Maps
When you’re up and running, don’t forget to update your regular workflows and:
- Start requesting Google reviews from your happy customers to build your profile and gain consumer trust. Reviews help your organic ranking in searches!
- Ensure all reviews submitted are replied to – not doing this will have a negative impact on your SEO!
- Consider adding your Google Business account to the social media platforms you publish to (you’ll need to search for the latest size for posts)
- Add your client as a user for their listing, then transfer ownership of their listing to them