Find an Australian Virtual Assistant
So you’ve stumbled across the Virtual Assistant Lead Network website… but you are not a virtual assistant.
Our guess is you’ve landed here in your search for a VA or OBM (online business manager), and you’d like to know how to get your role in front of our Australian virtual assistant and online business manager members.
List your Virtual Assistant (VA) Role for FREE!
Jump straight in and submit your VA Role Brief (for free!) and our team will give it a read and optimise it before sharing it with our network.
Our VA Role Brief form has been designed to make it quick and easy for you to answer all the questions our members need to identify if they are a good fit for the role you are looking to fill.
As soon as your virtual assistant (or online business manager) role has been shared on the VA Lead Network website, our members will be immediately notified via email to get them reviewing the opportunity to work with you ASAP.
Australian VAs and OBMs who meet the requirements of your role will email you directly with their proposals listing their services, rates, experience and testimonials.
Not sure what an Australian virtual assistant can do for your business?
We’ve put together an outsourcing guide here to give you an idea of just some of the things our network can assist you with.
The Virtual Assistant Lead Network was established for two reasons:
- The team at Thought Penny needed a way to connect Australian businesses with local virtual assistants when they were at capacity, or didn’t offer the type of VA service a business was after.
- We wanted to share VA job opportunities with our amazing network of Australian virtual assistants and provide resources to help these VAs grow their businesses and show off their skills to more potential clients.
Why Australian business owners and leaders love using the Virtual Assistant Lead Network
“When we decided to engage a BPO service for administration support, we explored many different options and providers but found it challenging to find the right fit for our needs.
After only one call with Fiona from the Virtual Assistant Lead Network, everything started to fall into place. Fi knew her stuff and provided some valuable insights into effectively engaging a VA and guided us through the process of posting a listing on the Virtual Assistant Lead Network.
We have now successfully engaged a VA service and we look forward to tapping into the network again as we grow.”
Tammy FlemingAustralian Native Landscapes
“Fiona really listened to the requirements of our business and handled all of the advertising for our position, shortlisting and interviewing before supplying me with a comprehensive list of candidates that she thought would be well suited.
I then interviewed each of them and found them all to be of the highest quality. It was then so difficult to choose just one!
I would never hesitate using Fiona and her team again in the future.”
Kathy ReesCity Caves
“I was introduced to Fiona through one of her other clients when I was looking for my first VA.
Fiona was very easy to chat with about my business needs, straightforward regarding her area of expertise, and very helpful in suggesting rather than us working together she should reach out to her VA Lead Network to see if there was someone else who would be the best fit for my business.
Sure enough, within a week I found someone who seems great and am signing a contract with them today! Thanks, Fiona, for guiding me in the right direction.”
Larissa StoddartGrowth & Co.
“A very quick response from a good number of high-quality candidates was very welcome.
All candidates were professional and the final choice was made difficult due to the quality of candidates.
A great network and users will get a quick response to fill any vacancies.”
Chris McGuireMcGuire Maritime
How much does it cost to find a virtual assistant?
When you complete the VA Role Brief, you will be provided with two options:
- List your VA role for FREE, and have Australian virtual assistants and/or online business managers contact you directly with their proposals (completely free, without any further involvement from us)
- Engage Thought Penny to vet applicants (interview, test, contact referees)… and have us as your only point of contact – we won’t share your contact details with applicants – pricing for this service starts at $4,400 + GST.
Where are the virtual assistants located?
Our virtual assistant and online business manager members can be found in:
- New South Wales
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
Membership to the VA Lead Network is not open to virtual assistants and online business managers who are not based in Australia.
Who can use a virtual assistant?
We’ve looked through past listings to give you an idea of the diversity of roles we’ve had so far (keep in mind this is a fraction of what we’ve actually posted!):
- Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant, requested by:
- CEOs and MDs
- Tech companies
- Consulting firms
- Small business owners (e.g. freelance consultants, retail stores and trades)
- Project Management, requested by:
- Website developers
- Film producers
- Marketing agencies
- Social media, blog and newsletter assistance, requested by:
- Online + brick and mortar retail businesses
- Trades (e.g. mechanics, builders)
- Google Ads Management, requested by:
- Digital marketing agencies
- Customer service (e.g. managing an enquiries inbox without taking phone calls), requested by:
- Gutter cleaners
- Digital marketing agencies
- Another jobs board!
- Data entry and transcription services, requested by:
- Legal firms
- Ad hoc tech support, requested by:
- Gym franchise wanting Google Forms/Sheets assistance
- Leadership coaches wanting to migrate (e.g. from MS 365 to Google Workspace)
- Social media manager wanting help with automated email campaigns
- Marketing agencies
- Bookkeeping, payroll and general accounts, requested by:
- Landscaping wholesalers
- Film producers
- Hospitality owners
How many hours a day/week/month can I engage a VA for?
This is up to you!
We include this information in your VA Role Brief so that only Australian virtual assistants who are a good fit for your needs will apply.
Here are a few options to consider when determining the availability that would work for you:
- Ad hoc work ranging from 1 hour tasks to projects with no set hours
- 2, 5, 10 or 20 hours per week
- Full time during business hours
- Flexible hours to meet increasing and decreasing workloads each week/month
- VA works whatever hours/days they want as long as they can meet deadlines
- Attending after-hour Zooms to take board minutes, or watch recordings
What can a virtual assistant do for my business?
Think of the office support roles you are familiar with… reception, administration, bookkeeping, business management, executive assistants, project management, event management etc. – these can be done remotely by a virtual assistant (VA) or online business manager (OBM).
When it comes to running a business, there are some things that just require a human touch.
And while some professionals may say that you need an established set of internal business procedures before you hire a VA, we say that the right assistant will be able to help you with all this (and much, much more).
We’ve designed a resource to provide you with inspiration when deciding on your immediate and future VA needs.
Do I need to document my processes, procedures etc before I engage a virtual assistant?
While some professionals may say that you need an established set of internal business procedures before you hire a virtual assistant (VA) or online business manager (OBM), we say that the right assistant will be able to help you with all this (and much, much more).
You can add “Documenting and maintaining standard operating procedures” to your task list when you complete your VA Role Brief.