You can’t do it natively in Google Docs… but you can still be the virtual assistant with all the answers.
As you’ve probably figured out, all hyperlinks in Google Docs default to blue, and you can manually change the style of each hyperlink (individually 🤕 one. by. one. 🤕) as you would for normal text… but we’re addicted to efficiency and tech, so we’ve got something better for you!
This is an add-on for Google Docs. Here’s how to get it:
- Find it by opening a Google Doc, then open your ‘Add-ons’ menu
- Click ‘Get add-ons’ (see below).
- Find ‘Link Style’, then install it for the appropriate Google account.
- Once installed, format a hyperlink in your document then open “Link Style” from the same “Add-ons” menu to save this style of link as the default link style.
- You can then open the same menu again to update all hyperlink styles throughout any Google Doc. Keep in mind that you may need to refresh the page for any Google Docs you already had open before updating the default style.
Now you can get back to being the VA that can solve anything.