Clients who rely on their email lists are at risk of a business cliff dive
ICYMI: Google recently announced their most significant update in 20 years, and businesses that don’t start preparing now could see an insane drop in their email deliverability.
Many businesses who are not ready may wake up to find that NONE of the emails they send to contacts with Gmail emails (including Google Workspace emails) are being delivered. And when we say NONE, we’re talking about not even making it to the spam folder!
This sounds like a big call, but it’s true!
With Google being the most widely used email service, it is critical that we proactively prepare ourselves and our clients for these changes – this is NOT something you want your clients to be asking for help with after their email lists are already dead in the water.
Unlike social media, where algorithms can control who sees your content, your email list gives you a direct line to your audience.
… which is great IF you are able to reach the inbox of your target audience.
This doesn’t just apply to newsletter mailing lists – if you use anything other than your domain host to send any type of email (e.g., CRMs confirming orders or bookings), you need to start preparing now.
What on earth are you talking about???
You don’t need to become an expert on email deliverability, but it is essential for businesses to gain an understanding of the following:
- What Google’s changes are (and what they mean)
- The settings you need in place before February 2024
- A beginner’s guide to DKIM, SPF and DMARC records
- Email deliverability basics to help reach the inboxes of a target audience and increase engagement
- An introduction to maintaining and protecting your domain reputation
- An easy way to explain all of this to your clients
- A checklist for you to DIY the preparation needed for these changes AND options if you need extra help with in-depth training or outsourcing to an expert
Meet your presenters…
Founder & Chief Automation Pilot at Meppy
- Email deliverability specialist and authentication guru
- 20+ years experience in the IT industry designing, building and supporting Internet email systems
- Keap Certified Partner with a passion for business automation and email deliverability
- Microsoft Partner
- Ex Helicopter Pilot (why is this important? It’s not! Fiona just thought it was cool)
- Over 17 years of PA, EA and VA experience
- Business owner specialising in automated systems and processes
- Certified in Asana, Zapier, Keap, and Think RAPT®
- Experience integrating Google Workspace, Xero, CRMs, websites, eCommerce and many other software platforms